Green roofs are also known as eco or living roofs. In simple terms they are made up of an insulating layer, a waterproofing layer and a growing medium like soil or sedum.
They come in a multitude of styles and potential uses suited to your requirements.
Green roofs are used to;
- Grow fruits, vegetables and flowers
- Reduce heating costs (by adding mass and thermal resistance value)
- Reduce cooling loads
- Increase roof life span
- Reduce storm water run off
- Insulate for sound
- Filter pollutants out of rainwater
- Increase wildlife habitat
We offer a free consultation service so that we can help you identify exactly what you require.